The following information is for parents. Please contact our office for assistance with any questions or problems you may have.
The annual high school art competition that I sponsor in the 18th Congressional District. Learn more about the House of Representatives' nation-wide high school arts competition.
Birth certificates, marriage certificates, and death certificates are available through the TEXAS office of vital statistics.
I run an internship program accepting college students interested in learning about the operations of a Congressional office. In addition to general office support, interns assist my staff with constituent services, Capitol tours, and light research. Interns are also encouraged to attend hearings, lectures, and seminars available in Congress and around the Hill.
Resources for district residents who are seeking employment.
Each member of Congress, either in the House of Representatives or the Senate, is allowed a total of five appointees in each service academy. For each vacancy, I am allowed to nominate ten individuals. Learn more about the Military Academy nominations process.
Learn about the process of locating and applying for financial aid.
For those constituents visiting the Washington D.C. area, I am pleased to offer this information on local tours and points of interest. My office can also help you make arrangements for some of the more popular Federal attractions in our Nation's Capital.
Other resources for parents
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids: Parents and Teachers (GPO)
- CIA Parents and Teachers Pages
- EPA Drinking Water & Ground Water Kids' Stuff
- FEMA For Kids Resouces For Parents and Teachers (Federal Emergency Management Agency)
- Kids in the House Information For Teachers
- Kids Privacy: For Parents (FTC)
- Kids Privacy: For Teachers (FTC)
- missing children of TEXAS
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office's Kids Pages
- Veteran Affairs Kids Teachers' Page
- Additional resources (including consumer protection, disaster preparedness, and unclaimed property)
See also: Resources for students.