It is an honor to represent the people of the 18th Congressional District of Texas in our nation's capital. The 18th Congressional District is one of the most dynamic, socio-economically and ethnically diverse, and interesting districts in the country.
Thank you for taking the time to visit my official website. This website serves as a virtual office. Here you can stay informed about what I am doing in Washington, access information about bills and legislative issues, learn about the services that are available to constituents of the 18th Congressional District, and keep in touch so that I may better serve you. I hope you will find this website useful and informative.
Sheila Jackson Lee
Member of Congress
- 2013 Congressional Art Competition
- 2013 White House Easter Egg Roll The President and First Lady announced that this year’s White House Easter Egg Roll will be held on Monday, April 1st. White House Easter Egg Roll tickets will be distributed through an online lottery system, allowing guests from across the United States to participate in a tradition that dates back to 1878. The lottery will open for entries on February 21st at 10:00 AM EST and close on February 25th at 10:00 AM EST. Tickets are free of charge and are non-transferable. Full ticketing details can be found by clicking on the picture.
- Yellow Ribbon Campaign Kickoff : Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee will be kicking off Yellow Ribbon Campaign for Houston to Welcome the Troops Home. This campaign will symbolize our respect and appreciation to all our troops by displaying yellow ribbons throughout our communities and having every school marquee display signage entitled “Welcome Home Troops – A Job Well Done.” Your participation in our kick-off campaign is vital and we look forward to your involvement. Houston should lead the nation on welcoming home our brave troops as well as thanking their families
- Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee Speaks to Women In STEM High School (WISH) Aerospace Scholars WISH is a pilot program that encourages young women from across our nation to pursue science, technology, engineering and mathematics degrees, and ultimately, careers. Through a competitive process, 40 young women have been invited to Johnson Space Center in Houston to work with engineers and scientists on a human space exploration mission
- Join Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee "Celebrate our Veterans" on Nov. 11, 2011 "CELEBRATE OUR VETERANS" WHEN: November 11, 2011 (Veterans Day) WHERE: Riverside General Hospital 3204 Ennis St Houston, TX 77004 TIME: 1pm-4:30pm With Program at 3pm Come by and celebrate with us as we honor and salute our veterans of the United States Military! There will be plenty of food and entertainment! This is a city-wide celebration so all are welcomed to come and spend time THANKING our veterans for their dedication to our country and our freedom! For more information- please contact Bronson E. Woods at (713) 655-0050 or email him at Bronson.Woods@mail.house.gov
- Congresswoman Jackson Lee Celebrates ACA Decision Congresswoman Jackson Lee participates in Congressional Progressive Caucus press conference on the Supreme Court Steps following the SCOTUS 5-4 vote to uphol...
- Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee Conducts Lakewood Church Choir The Congresswoman met with the group during their visit on Capitol Hill.
- MLK Weekend 085
Congresswoman in the NewsSEE MORE
CONGRESSWOMAN SHEILA JACKSON LEE SUPPORTS PROTECTING VOTING RIGHTS FOR ALL AMERICANSFeb 26. 2013
Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee released the following statement regarding the United States Supreme Court review of Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act in Shelby v. Holder. Members of Congress, civil... read more
CONGRESSWOMAN SHEILA JACKSON LEE AND THE GOSPEL MUSIC HERITAGE FOUNDATION WELCOME LEGENDARY GOSPEL RECORDING ARTIST RANCE ALLEN TO HOUSTON, TEXASFeb 26. 2013
September is Gospel Music Heritage Month as proclaimed by H. Con. Res. 370 which was introduced by Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee. During that month “gospel music” is honored for its value and longs... read more
CONGRESSWOMAN JACKSON LEE OPPOSES PARTISAN HOUSE GOP VAWA SUBSTITUTE THAT WEAKENS THE STRONG, BIPARTISAN SENATE-PASSED VAWA BILLFeb 26. 2013
Today, Rep. Jackson Lee stated that she opposes the House GOP Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) Reauthorization substitute, introduced by the GOP Leadership on February 22 and which is scheduled to b... read more
CONGRESSWOMAN SHEILA JACKSON LEE CALLS ON GOP TO ACT ON BALANCED PLAN TO AVERT AUTOMATIC SPENDING CUTSFeb 25. 2013
Today, a new report was released by the Obama Administration on the harm that automatic spending cuts scheduled to occur on Friday would cause here in Texas. Rep. Jackson Lee renewed her call for Hous... read more
CONGRESSWOMAN SHEILA JACKSON LEE CONDEMNS THE DEADLY MORTAR ATTACK ON CAMP LIBERTY WHICH KILLED SIX AND LEFT AT LEAST 100 INJUREDFeb 16. 2013
Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee released the following statement regarding the mortar attack at Camp Liberty in Iraq this past weekend: “Steadfast respect and commitment for the rule of law have long... read more
CONGRESSWOMAN SHEILA JACKSON LEE MARKS 20TH ANNIVERSARY OF LANDMARK FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTFeb 5. 2013
Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee released the following statement regarding the 20th anniversary of the Family and Medical Leave Act: “On February 5, 1993, President Bill Clinton signed the landmark F... read more
CONGRESSWOMAN SHEILA JACKSON LEE RESPONDS TO SHOOTING INCIDENT LONE STAR COLLEGE CAMPUSJan 23. 2013
Washington, D.C. – Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee, a Senior Member of the House Homeland Security Committee, released the following statement in response to the shooting at Lone Star College campus:... read more